Caring for Your Jewelry
Thank you for purchasing a piece of our handcrafted jewelry! Here are a few tips to help you keep your jewelry looking great.
Your stretch bracelet is made of high quality, strong stretch cord, however, it can still break if not cared for properly. Please keep the following tips in mind to prolong the life of your bracelet:
- When putting it on, gently roll it on with your hand shaped like a funnel, by putting all finger tips touching. With your other hand, gently slide the bracelet on over the fingers, knuckles and then onto your wrist evenly. To take it off, follow this funnel motion in reverse.
- Do not yank, pull or stretch your bracelet
- When wearing bracelet, do not wear perfume, moisturizer or other products on your wrist as they may discolor the beads.
Aluminum is a lightweight metal that will not tarnish, rust, or turn your skin green, however, there are some things you can do to keep it shiny and bright:
- Simply wipe fingerprints and body oils from the surface with a soft cloth
- Do not use other cleaners as they can damage the metal
- Keep your jewelry away from chemicals
- Avoid wearing your jewelry during sports or heavy cleaning
Copper and Brass Jewelry
Copper and brass will naturally darken with time. Many factors, including climate and the specific chemistry of your body, can speed up or slow down this process. If desired, the metal can be cleaned in a solution of 3 tablespoons of lemon juice and 1 tablespoon of salt.
Caring for pewter is easy. Simply use a mild soap, water, and a soft cloth to keep it clean. Like all jewelry, it is best to not wear pewter during activities such as sports or heavy cleaning to prevent damage.